NHPRSC Neil Towers Award lecture and AGM / Lien Zoom pour la Conférence du Prix Neil Towers et l’AGA de la SCRPSN
|Date||Monday December 14th 2020 1PM-4PM (EST) /Lundi 14 décembre 2020 13h à 16h HNE|
Zoom meeting / Réunion Zoom:
Link to be sent to NHPRSC registered members / Hyperlien sera envoyé aux members de la SCRPSN inscrits
Neil Towers Award Lecture (1 pm EST) / Conférence du Prix Neil Towers (13h HNE)
Emma GUNS, PhD
Consultant, formerly Faculty member at UBC and Vancouver General Hospital
Consultante, précédemment professeure à UBC et à l’Hôpital général de Vancouver
Annual General Meeting (2 pm EST) / Assemblée générale annuelle (14h HNE)
1. Outgoing President’s Report (Paula BROWN) / Rapport de la présidente sortante (Paula BROWN)
2. Yearly Financial Report (Bob CHAPMAN) / Rapport financier annuel (Bob CHAPMAN)
3. Incoming President’s Comments (Pierre HADDAD) / Commentaires du président entrant (Pierre HADDAD)
4. Honouring NHPRS Interns / Reconnaissance des Bénévoles de la SCRPSN
5. Introduction of current Board Members / Présentation des membres actuels du Conseil d’administration
6. New Executive Team and BoD member nomination / Nouvelle équipe de direction et nomination de nouveaux membres au Conseil
7. Journal of NHP Research Update and NHP Researcher Open Access Publishing Survey Results (Jeremy NG) / Mise à jour sur le “Journal of NHP Research” et resultats de l’enquête auprès des chercheurs sur les publications ouvertes (Jeremy NG)
8. Announcement of 2021 NHPRS Annual Conference (Cory HARRIS) / Annonce de la Conférence annuelle 2021 de la SCRPSN (Cory HARRIS)
9. Other business / Autres affaires
2018 Conference Speakers Featured in Nutraingredients.com
What’s driving Innovation at the NHP/Food Interface? Stephen Daniells, Editor-in-Chief of Nutraingredients.com, interviewed four of our Keynote Speakers in advance of the 2018 NHPRS Annual Conference (Guelph, May 14-17). Access the article below to hear their views in advance of the event, and for more information, visit the conference homepage.
Our 2018 Conference is Fast Approaching!
Our 2018 Annual Conference, Innovation at the NHP/Food Interface (Guelph, May 14-17) is fast approaching!
A reminder to register by April 20 to secure the Regular Conference Registration Rate, and book your hotel rooms by April 18 to secure the Discounted Hotel Rate. Travel information to Guelph is also available on the conference main menu, including discounted codes for airline shuttle from local airports!
Travel and Hotels for Guelph 2018
It’s time to get your travel and accommodations for the Guelph conference! The discounted room rate expires April 13th. We have also arranged a 10% discount from the airports to the conference venue. Details are in our travel accommodations document.
Abstract Deadline Extended!
We are looking forward to seeing you at the 15th Annual NHPRS Conference “Innovation at the NHP/Food Interface” in Guelph and we’d love to hear about your work. The deadline for submission of abstracts for oral or poster presentations has been extended to March 7th, 2018. Early bird registration rates apply until March 15th, 2018 so register now for the best value and hotel bookings are still available at a reduced rate in our room block.
Neil Towers Award Nominations
- Research and development activities with NHPs,
- Development of the regulatory, educational or commercial aspects of NHPs.
Nominations can be made by any member in good standing in NHPRS, and must be co-sponsored by a second member. Nomination files should include a brief outline of the reasons for the nomination in relation to the above criteria (0.5 page) and a short biography of the nominated individual (0.5 page). Nomination files should be sent to the Chair of the selection committee by email (Pierre Haddad) before February 15, 2018. The award will be announced at the annual general meeting.
2018 Sponsorship Prospectus Now Available
The 2018 Sponsorship Prospectus is now available!
2017 Neil Towers Awardee
(Vancouver, BC, May 9th, 2017). The nonprofit NHP Research Society of Canada (NHPRS) announces that Michael Smith has been selected as the recipient of its 2017 Neil Tower’s Award.
Dr. G. H. Neil Towers (1923-2004) was a botanist, an ethnobotanist, a plant chemist, a brilliant teacher and an accomplished researcher who established his scientific career first at McGill, then at the National Research Council in Halifax until 1964 when he joined UBC where he maintained an active research program as a full faculty member until 1989 and as an emeritus faculty until his death. The award honouring Neil Towers was established by the NHPRS in 2012 to honor those who have made significant contributions to natural products research, regulation and commercialization in Canada and worldwide.
NHP Research Conference Brewery and Distillery Tour
NHPRS partnered with Canadian Craft Tours to provide a night out experiencing some of the best craft beer and spirits Vancouver has to offer! NHPRS delegates enjoyed a break from the conference and had a great night sampling local craft beers and spirits.